Soul Assassins Radio, Southern Vangard Radio, Wicked Jazz Sounds, Cherrystones (NTS Radio - "Dude -really like this Everyhere and Nowhere track-killer !!! great full production -big sound and nice flow!"), DJ Jazzywhut (Eaze Up), DJ Johnny Rebel (MorpheusSoul), Laidback Radio (LDBK), Kerem Gokmen (Dubmission), Kid Sublime (Jazzy Sport), DJ Dirk Diggler, DJ LoveSupreme, Ray Escobar (The Scenario), DJ Knowhow, Sauce81 (Eglo Records).
It Won’t Stop is proud to present this 6-song hip-hop EP born from a trans-Atlantic collaboration that started last year. Amsterdam beatmaker Jay.Soul first got in touch with skilled Brooklyn wordsmith Justo The MC after coming across a few of his tracks from other projects online. The two hit it off musically and started crafting songs together, long-distance.
Both artists share a soulful and honest approach to their music as well as a love for hard-hitting beats and intelligent, effortlessly delivered lyrics. This has resulted in this varied collection of mature hip-hop songs that draw inspiration from the much revered 90’s and 00’s, while definitely being rooted in the here and now.
Tracks such as “Worldwide” or “Buddy System” pay loving homage to the sonics and vibes of Pete Rock and A Tribe Called Quest respectively, while Justo and Jay.Soul also explore more futuristic sounding styles on “Everywhere & Nowhere” and “Gotta Be The Best”. The first song that they created was “Crooklyn In Me”, which has already been licensed for use in an ad campaign featuring Will.I.Am.
Justo The MC (Christopher Shannon) is a Brooklyn born & raised lyricist with a confident, socially conscious style and lethal flows. He has been making serious waves on the underground hip-hop radar with previous projects, such as his:
* Black Ops album (2017), entirely produced by 90's hip-hop heavyweight Showbiz, of D.I.T.C., Show & A.G. and “Sound Of Da Police” fame
* album with Toronto producers The Lost Info called “Epiphany: The Lost Project” (2017), featured on massappeal.com
* debut release “It’s Our Year” (2011) produced with DJ Vic Black (Gang Starr Foundation). Legendary producer DJ Premier even featured in the video, adding his stamp of approval
Dutch veteran producer/musician Jay.Soul (Jeroen van Olffen) has been creating soul-, funk- and jazz-infused beats and organic electronica for 20 years. His diverse resume includes:
* being one half of electronic/trip-hop duo AM444 with Chinese singer ChaCha Yehaiyahan (RBMA, Converse Rubber Tracks, Kode 9/Hyperdub). AM444 has released 2 albums, an EP and a 12” to critical acclaim, won an Chinese Abilu award for their collab with French rock star Matthieu Chedid (-M-) and had songs featured in video game NBA2K16, Michael Mann’s film Blackhat and Mario Testino x Vogue documentaries.
* productions and remixes for Mr.Windmill (NL), Sole Profit (US), Huub van der Lubbe (NL), Cecilia Stalin (SE/UK), Pursuit Grooves (US), Corey (NL), Michael Franti & Spearhead (US), Giovanca (NL), etc
* DJ supported for Jeru The Damaja, The Jungle Brothers, Rich Medina, Floating Points, Macy Gray, DJ Krush, etc.
* tracks featured in numerous network tv shows, int’l films, ads and other visual media
released January 3, 2019
written by J. van Olffen, C. Shannon
vocals & lyrics: Justo The MC
music: Jay.Soul for It Won’t Stop Productions
mastered by illCuzz1
3 mixed by Yann “Boogie” Demierre & Jay.Soul
4, 6 mixed by Yann “Boogie” Demierre at Binaire.tv
1, 2, 5 mixed by Jay.Soul at King Otis Studios